Everyone has their favorite apps. Ag guys are no different. Below I've provided an unofficial list of what AgriMedia believes are the best free ag apps on the market. Note that these are mostly apps for the general industry. Apps such as NozzleCalc, GrainTracker and hundreds of other apps help with specific areas of the farm. Those are great applications, however these are AgriMedia's top five all-around generic agricultural apps.
1) AgMobile was created by the guys at Successful Farming and Agriculture.com. More than just a news app, this provides market information, bin prices nearest your location and weather which includes a weather radar, soil moisture, a drying index and a livestock safety index.
2) AgWeb has produced one of the best apps out there. With everything from news and market reports to weather and podcasts of their top shows like AgriTalk and Market Rally. A related app is for their FarmJournal Radio app which makes it easier to go straight to AgWeb's podcasts and video replays and the Cash Grain Bids app which finds the nearest bin prices near you. The content from AgWeb is a little prettier than AgMobile, but you have to download two apps for what AgMobile has in one.
3) The unique thing about the Farm Futures app is the My Office section. Here, you can access tools to assist you with things such as projecting crop costs, a cash rent bidding calculator, equipment purchasing spreadsheets and figuring farm cost needs. Oh, and it also gives the latest ag news and market reports.
4) The Fresh Food Finder is great for those on the road who love a good farmers market. This app uses your device's GPS to locate markets near you and then provides the link to that market's website, gives the address, directions from your current location as well as a schedule, list of goods which it sells and payment options (WIC, SNAP, etc.).
5) The Growers Edge provides all of the regular news, weather and market reports but also provides a text alert option when markets move past a certain price. It can be a little hard to navigate but overall is pretty decent.